Michael C. Luquet
Partner - New Orleans
- T: 504.584.5441
- F: 504.584.5452
- Practice Areas
- Honors and Awards
- Professional Associations
- Community Involvement
Michael Luquet is a partner in the New Orleans office practicing in Medical Malpractice Litigation and Healthcare Law. He has extensive experience representing hospitals, physicians, nurses, nursing homes and their insurers in professional liability and general liability claims.
Loyola University School of Law, J.D., 1983
University of New Orleans, B.A., 1980
1983, Louisiana State Courts; United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Louisiana State Bar Association
Louisiana Society of Hospital Attorneys
Past member of the Board of Directors of the American Red Cross, Southeast Louisiana Chapter
Honors and Awards
AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated.
Named to "Top Lawyers of New Orleans" in the areas of Medical Malpractice and Healthcare Law by New Orleans Magazine, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
- “Allegations Of Driving An Ambulance Too Slowly Are Within The Scope Of The Louisiana Medical Malpractice Act” December 2009
- “The Louisiana Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal Has Held that the Louisiana Patient’s Compensation Fund’s Filing Fee is Constitutional” December 2009
- “LaCoste v. Pendleton Methodist Hospital, LLC and the Futility of the Coleman Factors” October 2007
- Co-author of "Medical Records Management for Louisiana Paralegals"
- Co-author of "Analyzing Medical Records for the Louisiana Paralegal"
- Co-author of "Nursing Practice in the New Millennium: Avoiding Legal Liability"
- Co-presenter of continuing legal and paralegal education seminars concerning health care law
- Continuing Nursing Education Seminars held at West Jefferson Medical Center, East Jefferson General Hospital, and Lakeview Regional Medical Center concerning legal aspects of nursing care