Jude C. Bursavich
Partner - Baton Rouge
- T: 225.381.8045
- F: 225.381.8029
Non-compete attorney in Baton Rouge
Jude C. Bursavich is a Martindale AV® rated partner in the Baton Rouge offices of Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P., and a member of the firm's Management Committee. Mr. Bursavich practices in the area of complex business and commercial litigation, and has concentrated on business protection issues for over twenty-five years. He represents both individuals and local and national companies in business matters.
- Protecting businesses from former employees
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Trade Secrets
- Unfair Trade Practices
- Breach of Fiduciary Duties
- Protecting businesses from unfair competition
- Anti-Competitive Acts
- Unfair Trade Practices
- Business Defamation
- Protecting individuals from former employers
- Non-compete issues
- Defense of Trade Secrets Claims
- Defense of Unfair Trade Practices Claims
- Shareholder Disputes
- Closely Held Corporate Issues
- 50/50 Ownership Disputes
- Corporate Governance Issues
- Minority Shareholdership Issues
- Contractual Disputes
Energy & Mineral
- Oil & Gas Litigation
Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D., 1988
Louisiana State University, B.A., 1983.
Louisiana State Courts, Eastern, Middle & Western Districts of Louisiana, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals,1989
American Bar Association
2003 Graduate of the Baton Rouge Chamber of Commerce Leadership Class
Court appointed special advocate for abused and abandoned children (CASA)
Member of the Executive Board of the Istrouma Area Council of Boy Scouts of America
Previous, Capital Area United Way, Board of Directors and Secretary
Louisiana Association of Business & Industry (LABI), former Board of Directors
Honors and Awards
Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated.
Listed in Louisiana Super Lawyers in the area of Business Litigation
- “2018 is Here: NOW is the Time to Utilize Non-Compete Agreements” November 2017
- “Get Your Noncompete Agreements In Place...Or Regret It Later” March 2017
- “Enforcing Noncompete Agreements In Louisiana: A Litigator's Perspective” March 2017
- “Maximize The Protection Offered By Louisiana’s Non-Compete Law When Buying a Louisiana Business” June 2016
- “Enforcing Your Non-Compete Agreements is Good Business Strategy” May 2016
- “Using Non-compete Agreements in 2016 to Protect Your Business” December 2015
- “Navigating the Treacherous Waters of Louisiana’s Non-Compete Law” November 2015
- “Are Independent Contractors Subject to Louisiana’s Non-Compete Law?” April 2015
- “Improve Your Chances of Enforcing Your Non-Compete Agreements in Louisiana” April 2015
- “Updating Your Non-Compete Agreements Annually is a Smart Business Practice” July 2014
- “Outsiders Beware of Louisiana Law on Non-Compete Agreements” February 2014
- “Trade Secret Protection in the Healthcare Industry - Fact or Fiction?” Louisiana Medical News, December 2012
- “Drafting Enforceable Noncompete Agreements” March 2012
- “Physician Non-compete Agreements - Are They Enforceable in Louisiana?” January 2012
- “2008 Legislature Expands Louisiana Noncompete Statute” August 2008
- Non-Compete Agreements, Management Update Briefing, Shreveport, October 23, 2015
- Non-Compete Agreements, Northeast Chapter of the LCPA, May 14,2014
- 50/50 Stock Ownerships: Guiding Your Clients through Ownership Issues and Out of the Maze, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accounts, UNO Chapter, November 21, 2013
- 50/50 Stock Ownerships: Guiding Your Clients through Ownership Issues and Out of the Maze, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accounts, Shreveport Chapter, November 18, 2013
- Non-Compete Agreements, Management Update, Shreveport, September 12, 2013
- Non-Compete Agreements , Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accounts, Shreveport Chapter, March 18, 2013
- Independent Contractor v. Employee, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accounts, Lake Charles Chapter, October 2012
- "Dealing with Soured Relationships in Business: Non-Compete Agreements and Remedies for Breach of Fiduciary Obligations”, Labor and Employment Seminar, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, November 19, 2003
- “Minorities Shareholdership: An Unpleasant Place to Be”, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accounts, Acadiana Chapter, November 2003
- “Protecting Yourself from Ex-Employees”, Louisiana Purchase Venture Capital Forum, Old State Capital, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, October 16, 2003
- “Non-Compete Agreements - Fact or Fiction?”, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accounts, Acadiana Chapter, September 2003
- “Advising Clients on Non-Competition/Non-Solicitation Agreements”, representing The Small, Start-up Business Seminar, The Center of Continuing Professional Development, LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center, December 6, 2002
- “Today’s Friend - Tomorrow’s Foe - Non-Compete Agreements”, 2002 Labor and Employment Seminar, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, October 2002
- “Advising Clients on Non-Competition/Non-Solicitation Agreements”, representing The Small, Start-up Business Seminar, The Center of Continuing Professional Development, LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center, May 16, 2002
Represented both local and national companies in litigation with ex-employees who sought to leave their employment and take intellectual property and customers with them.
Represented hundreds of businesses and individuals on the validity and enforceability of non-competition agreements in Louisiana.
Represented various manufacturers on claims alleging trade secret violations in the manufacture of their products.
Represented numerous shareholders in 50/50 ownership disputes, including separating owners.
Represented numerous shareholders in various disputes on corporate governance issues.
Represented both local and national companies in litigating contractual claims.
Represented various national companies in litigation with other companies alleging anti-competitive acts and business defamation.
Represented various insurance companies in class action litigation.
Represented various oil and gas entities in litigation on business and contractual issues.