Jeanne C. Comeaux
Partner - Baton Rouge
- T: (225) 381-8051
- F: (225) 381-8029
- Practice Areas
- Honors and Awards
- Representative Matters
- Professional Associations
- Community Involvement
Jeanne Comeaux is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P. Jeanne Comeaux’s principal areas of practice include business and commercial litigation, antitrust litigation, healthcare antitrust litigation, unfair trade practice and unfair competition litigation, corporate governance and fiduciary litigation (including shareholders derivative actions and officer and director disputes), automobile franchise dispute litigation, partnership dispute litigation, and contract dispute litigation. Her experience includes representing small and large businesses, hospital systems, physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers, corporate shareholders, directors and officers, banks, automobile dealerships, chemical companies, insurance companies, gaming concerns, and the tugboat servicing industry.
Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D., 1994
Louisiana State University, B.A., 1980
1994, Louisiana State Courts, Eastern, Middle & Western Districts of Louisiana, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1998.
Baton Rouge Bar Association's appointed Delegate to the ABA's House of Delegates
American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
Louisiana State Bar Association, Antitrust Section
American Health Lawyer Association
Baton Rouge Bar Association, Former President
Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
Graduate, ABA Antitrust Masters Course.
National Association of Dealer Counsel
The Hospice of Baton Rouge, Immediate Past President of Board of Directors
Junior League of Baton Rouge
2007 Baton Rouge Chamber of Commerce Leadership
Louisiana Art & Science Museum, Past Chairman of the Board of Directors
Honors and Awards
AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated.
Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® Since, 2020
- “Is the LMVC the Exclusive Jurisdiction to Hear Dealer Complaints with Their OEM's?” May 2021
- “Is the LMVC the Exclusive Jurisdiction To Hear Dealer Complaints With Their OEM'S?” April 2021
- “It's Time to Dust-off the "Force Majeure" Clause in your Contract” March 2020
- “New Interpretation of Military Lending Act Affects Louisiana Dealers” February 2018
- “Evanston–A Departure from Structural Remedies” April 2008
- 2005 Special Legislative Session Update
- Healthcare Collaborations and Antitrust
- The Repo Man is Here
- Get More Out of Your "Hold Harmless" Agreement
- The Louisiana Motor Vehicle Commission's Mediation Program, presented to the National Association of Motor Vehicle Boards and Commissions, 2017
- Women in the Practice of Law, presented to the Lafayette Bar Association's Women's Section, 2016
- Ethics: Practice Issues and Challenges for New and Experienced Lawyers, BRBA Bench Bar Conference 2016
Represented financial institutions in defense of lender liability cases.
Represented defendants in shareholder derivative actions and corporate governance litigation.
Represented defendants in antitrust cases, involving the healthcare, automotive, real estate, and gaming industries.
Represented defendants’ class in antitrust, dual class action litigation.
Represented defendants in unfair trade practices and unfair competition litigation.
Represented chemical company in defense of an antitrust claim with international jurisdictional implications.
Represented hospital systems in contract disputes with insurance companies, including claims made against insurance companies in liquidation.
Represented automobile dealers in franchise contract disputes with manufacturers in front of the Louisiana Motor Vehicle Commission and in various courts.
Represented both plaintiffs and defendants in corporate and partnership dissolution and related litigation.
Represented automobile dealers in General Motors and Chrysler bankruptcies.