Tracy Averett Morganti
Partner - Baton Rouge
- T: 225.381.8005
- F: 225.376.5619
Tracy Averett Morganti is a Partner in the Baton Rouge office, concentrating on the areas of tax-exempt financing (state and local government, higher education, health care and industrial development/exempt facilities), economic incentives, commercial lending and business entities.
Tracy serves as bond counsel and special counsel to governmental entities, higher education institutions, nonprofit hospitals and public trusts, as underwriter's counsel for investment banking firms, as purchaser's counsel for various commercial banks and as borrower's and trustee's counsel in connection with tax-exempt and taxable bond and conventional financings. She also represents government entities and private companies with respect to economic development incentives and cooperative endeavors.
Her significant contributions include:
- Serving as bond counsel or special counsel to the LSU Board of Supervisors in connection with its capital financings since 1994, including the highly innovative public-private partnerships to develop the Nicholson Gateway mixed use and Greenhouse District student housing projects and a structuring a complex lease financing arrangement that enabled LSU and Tiger Athletic Foundation to construct three additions to Tiger Stadium. The latter was touted nationally as a vehicle for financing major college sports facilities.
- Serving as bond counsel to two Louisiana issuers in connection with a $1 billion taxable and tax-exempt multi-state and international debt restructuring for an international tank storage company.
- Representing a local nonprofit hospital in a $350 million transaction to finance its new, state-of-the-art facility.
- Serving as bond counsel to the State of Louisiana in connection with numerous general obligation bond issues.
- Representing various governmental entities in connection with numerous cooperative endeavors, including agreements between a major New Orleans university, the State of Louisiana and NASA
- Serving as chairperson of the Government and Public Law section of the Louisiana State Bar Association from 2003-2007, and serving as its Vice Chair from 2001-2003.
- Co-founding and serving on the board of directors of Women in Public Finance – Louisiana Chapter.
Tracy earned her J.D. from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center of Louisiana State University in 1992. In 1988, she graduated from Louisiana State University with her Bachelor of Arts degree in English. She also completed undergraduate studies at West Georgia College in Carrollton, Georgia.
Tracy is an avid supporter of local farmers and food artisans and access to fresh, locally grown, healthy foods for all Baton Rouge citizens. She volunteers regularly with Big River Economic and Agricultural Development Alliance and its farmers markets and serves on its board of directors.
Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D., 1992
Louisiana State University, B.A., 1988
Louisiana State Bar Association, Government and Public Law Section
Baton Rouge Bar Association
National Association of Bond Lawyers
Women in Public Finance – Louisiana Chapter, Director and Founding Member
Council for a Better Louisiana (CABL), Leadership Louisiana, 2009
Louisiana Industrial Development Executives Association (LIDEA)
Louisiana Bankers Association
Honors and Awards
AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated.