Tracy Averett Morganti
Partner - Baton Rouge
- T: 225.381.8005
- F: 225.376.5619
Tracy Averett Morganti is a Partner in the Baton Rouge office, concentrating on the areas of state and local government, higher education and health care financing, economic incentives and commercial bank loans.
Tracy serves as bond counsel and special counsel to government entities, higher education institutions and public trusts, as underwriter's counsel for investment banking firms, as purchaser's counsel for various commercial banks and as borrower's and trustee's counsel in connection with tax-exempt and taxable bond and conventional financings. She also represents government entities and private companies with respect to economic development incentives.
Her significant contributions include:
- Representing Louisiana State University in connection with its capital financings, including the highly innovative public-private partnerships to develop the Nicholson Gateway mixed use and Greenhouse District student housing projects and a complicated lease financing arrangement that enabled Louisiana State University and Tiger Athletic Foundation to construct additions to LSU's Tiger Stadium. The latter was touted nationally as an example for financing major college sports facilities.
- Serving as bond counsel to two Louisiana issuers in connection with $1 billion taxable and tax-exempt multi-state and international debt restructuring for International-Matex Tank Terminals.
- Representing Woman's Hospital in a $350 million transaction to finance its new, state-of-the-art hospital facility.
- Serving as chairperson of the Government and Public Law section of the Louisiana State Bar Association from 2003-2007, and serving as its Vice Chair from 2001-2003.
- Alumni of Leadership Louisiana Class of 2009.
Tracy earned her J.D. from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center of Louisiana State University in 1992. In 1988, she graduated from Louisiana State University with her Bachelor of Arts degree in English. She also completed undergraduate studies at West Georgia College in Carrollton, Georgia.
Tracy is an avid supporter of local farmers and food artisans, and volunteers regularly with the Big River Economic and Agricultural Development Alliance and its farmers' markets. She also volunteers with Yelp!BR, a local nonprofit dog rescue agency, and has two rescue fur babies of her own.
Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D., 1992
Louisiana State University, B.A., 1988
Louisiana State Bar Association, Government and Public Law Section
Baton Rouge Bar Association
National Association of Bond Lawyers
Women in Public Finance – Louisiana Chapter, Director and Founding Member
Council for a Better Louisiana (CABL), Leadership Louisiana, 2009
Louisiana Industrial Development Executives Association (LIDEA)
Honors and Awards
AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated.