Eric B. Landry
Partner - Baton Rouge
- T: 225.381.8041
- F: 225.387.5397
Eric has a diverse practice focused on real estate transactions, banking and finance, health care transactions, general business transactions and corporate advisory services. He advises clients on the sale and purchase of property, the drafting and negotiation of leases, and related real estate matters. Eric is also a licensed title insurance agent. In addition to his experience on traditional real estate matters, Eric has experience with respect to the applicability of health care fraud and abuse laws to real estate transactions.
Eric has extensive experience representing both borrowers and lenders in connection with financing transactions, including construction loans, traditional financing and high-yield credit facilities.
Eric also helps guide hospitals, health systems, physicians, home health agencies and other health care providers through the negotiation, planning and implementation of various business transactions, including sales and acquisitions of hospitals, clinics and medical practices, joint ventures and professional service agreements.
He also represents a wide spectrum of clients in connection with business transactions such as sales and acquisitions of assets and stock, mergers, and dissolutions. Eric advises companies on various matters including entity structure, formation, and governance.
Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D., 2006
Louisiana State University, B.S. in Business Administration, 2002
Louisiana 2006, including all state, federal and appellate courts throughout Louisiana, as well as the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Baton Rouge Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association (Young Lawyers Section Member)
Louisiana Hospital Association
American Health Lawyers Association
Honors and Awards
Named a "Rising Star" in the area of Banking by Louisiana Super Lawyers
AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated.
- “BSW Health Law Blog” August 2013
- “Real Estate Leasing in the Healthcare Industry: Understanding the Stark and Anti-Kickback Laws” Louisiana Medical News, June 2012
- “Medical Equipment: Component Parts: What Are They?” Louisiana Medical News, February 2011
- "New Louisiana Business Corporation Act", 2015 LCPA Business and Industry Conference, New Orleans, LA, August 2015
- Purchasing and Leases-Real Estate Purchases; Real Estate Leases and Equipment Leases, Louisiana Hospital Association Business Health Law Seminar, January 24, 2013
- "Contracts 101", Louisiana Hospital Association Business Health Law Seminar, January 24, 2013
- "Legal Responsibilities of Health Center Board Members", Louisiana Primary Care Association, Post-Conference Sessions, 2012
- "Legal Liability of Non-Profit Board of Directors", Louisiana Primary Care Association, Annual Conference, 2011
- "Conflict of Interest Transactions", Louisiana Primary Care Association, Annual Conference, 2010
- "Commercial Real Estate Legislative and Case Law Update", Louisiana REALTORS Association, 2007
Represented a telecommunications company in $100 million sale of assets.
Represented Digital Media Company in purchase of assets.
Represented lender in $35 million refinance transaction.
Represented national health care providers and local hospitals in medicaid supplemental payment program. (UPL)
Represented home health agencies in purchase and sale of assets.
Represented various clients in acquisitions and sale of real estate.
Represented large industrial contracting company in purchase of assets, including software.
Represented long term acute care provider in sale of assets.