Murphy J. Foster, III
Partner - Baton Rouge
- T: 225.381.8015
- F: 225.387.5397
Paul M. Hebert Law School, Louisiana State University, J.D., 1979
Louisiana State Courts, Eastern, Middle & Western Districts of Louisiana, Fifth, Eighth, and Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, U.S. Supreme Court,1979
Litigation Counsel of America (Fellow)
Louisiana State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Past Chairman.
Fellow to the Louisiana State Bar Foundation.
Member of the American Bar Association.
General Counsel to the Louisiana Pelican Chapter of the Associated Builders & Contractors
General Counsel to the Louisiana Associated General Contractors
General Counsel to the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors
General Counsel to the Recreation and Park Commission for the Parish of East Baton Rouge.
General Counsel to the Louisiana Motor Transport Association.
General Counsel to the Louisiana Travel and Promotions Association
Past Chairman of the Board of the Istrouma Area Council for the Boy Scouts of America.
Boy Scouts of America Silver Beaver Award.
Past Chairman of the Board of Prevent Child Abuse Louisiana.
Instrument Rated Multi-Engine Commercial Pilot.
Honors and Awards
Listed in Louisiana Super Lawyers in the area of Employment & Labor
Ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Louisiana - Labor and Employment and Construction
Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in Construction Law, Labor Law - Management and Litigation - Construction
AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated.
“The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers”.
“Who’s Who Legal”.
- “Louisiana Legislative Developments” November 2014
- “2010 Louisiana Legislative Amendments To The Private Works Act—Benefits General Contractors In An Uncertain Economy, But Creates Uncertainty Regarding Certain Louisiana Lien Law Issues” September 2010
- Louisiana Employment Laws & Regulations published by LABI Press, co-author.
- Practique du droit des affaires aux Etats-Unis’s, a French treatise on law in the United States authored by Ralph H. Folsom and Alain A. Levasseur, contributing author.
- Mr. Foster has had numerous articles on Labor and Employment and Construction litigation published in multiple publications.
- Mr. Foster has authored numerous papers and has addressed hundreds of conferences pertaining to Labor & Employment law over the past thirty years in and around the Southern United States.
Represented employers interest in over 250 trials and arbitrations in employment & labor and construction related disputes.
Successfully represented employers/management in numerous union representation campaigns and regularly conducts union avoidance seminars for employers
Successfully handled decertification campaigns and elections involving former unionized employers
Negotiated in excess of 100 collective bargaining agreements representing management
Enjoined unlawful strikes and pickets in union - management disputes.
Successfully prosecuted and defended hundreds of millions of dollars in commercial and highway heavy construction disputes across Southern U.S.